The Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering (hereinafter – DCSSE) is a structural unit of Odessa State University of Internal Affairs.
The DCSSE is directly supervised by the head of the Department who is to be appointed and dismissed by the Rector of Odessa State University of Internal Affairs.
The Vice-Rector of Odessa State University of Internal Affairs directs and coordinates the work of the Department.
DCSSE has set its goals as follows:
In introduction of modern information and computer technologies:
– analyses the information processing system of the University, designs and implements the programs for its improvement;
– ensures information security for the University’s information infrastructure protection as well as the reliability operations improvement;
– implements modern information technologies as well as the latest technical tools in education;
– supports and implements some modern tools and methods for interactive students learning
In development of a local computer network and the official OSUIA Web portal:
– operation, technical support and development of local computer network of the University;
– technical support and development of the official Web-portal of OSUIA
In the field of information and technical support of the University:
– supply of technical equipment for the information infrastructure of the University;
– maintaining a database access control;
– technical support for computer hardware and software;
– multimedia technology support of mass events held by the university;
– operation, technical support and video surveillance systems development of the structural units of the University
In the field of work with Unified State Electronic Database on Education (USEDE):
– informational and technical support of the University’s preparation for the admission campaign;
– informational and technical support of the admission committee of the University;
– administering the University’s information service unit “Applicant” and entering data to the Unified state electronic database on educational issues;
– ensuring information security and reliability of the University’s USEDE operation
The basic functions of the DCSSE are as follows:
In the field of introduction of modern information technologies:
– provides systematic training and improving the employees’ knowledge in operating with hardware and software;
– provides the implementation of electronic database technology;
– constantly monitors the improvement of internal network and security system;
– develops, implements and improves multimedia teaching methods, experimental on line learning courses for educational needs;
– participates in scientific and practical conferences, discussion groups and round- table sessions on the problems of Informatization of higher education;
– ensures continuous operation of video surveillance systems of the structural units of the University.
In the field of implementation and development of local computer network and the official Web portal of OSUIA:
– admits the bids and explores the technical specifications for connection to a local network of Educational and Research Institutes of the University, Faculties, the Chairs as well as other departments;
– administers local computer networks of the University;
– overviews the administering database servers of the University Information System, organizes a distributed user access to electronic material;
– develops and improves a local computer network of the University through the use of optical and wireless communication technologies;
– provides updating of new data and information of the official Web portal of the OSUIA as well as Websites of the structural subdivisions and carrying out its administration;
– provides software and hardware support for the official Web portal of OSUIA and the Websites of the structural units in the Internet;
– assures software development for the template, electronic form design for professional publication of OSUIA and its further implementation on the official Web portal of the University.
In the field of information and technical support:
– administers the Automated Management System (“Electronic Dean’s Office”, “Electronic Schedule”);
– provides consultancy services of structural units heads as well as their employees on the issues of computer equipment, local area network, software using and so on;
– provides the wireless network technologies for simplifying the work of employees and student training;
– installs and operates video surveillance, multimedia and office systems (multimedia projectors, TVs etc.);
– provides technical support service and its maintenance in case of necessity and performs software proper operation;
– installs free software and operating systems for the staff and the students;
-provides educational process, scientific and practical web conferences, webinars, round tables, presentations and other ceremonial events that are equipped with modern technical means for maintaining efficient operations.
In the field of functioning of the Unified state electronic database on education:
– organizes application requests and the documents of entrants for their further participation in the competition (entrance exams);
– in accordance with the established procedure submits to the Unified State Electronic Database on Education information received from the entrants and makes changes to the status of entrants’ applications to OSUIA;
– organizes and monitors technical support of OSUIA functioning at the university.
Odessa, 1, Uspenska street
Tel.: (048) 709-50-75; (048) 799-50-74